Another year is in the books for the Salt Games and CrossFit Up Dog Summer Challenge.
We had so many great athletes participate this year, and it was inspiring to see how hard each team worked in every WOD. There were some amazing performances in all the divisions!
In total, we had 100 teams participate this year!
With that many teams, this event wouldn’t be possible without the support from our volunteers and sponsors. We often say it’s harder to volunteer than it is to compete. These guys busted their butts for two-straight days out in the heat. Our team here at CrossFit Up Dog can’t thank those people enough.
It’s only been a couple weeks, but who is ready for next year? We’ve got some exciting news coming your way for next year’s competition, so be on the lookout this fall for some AWESOME news.
See you at the beach in 2018!
$21,000 – The amount of money we gave away to the top three teams in each RX division. First place took home $6,000. Second place took home $3,000. Third place took home $1,500.
400 – The Number of athletes that participated.
7 – The number of states and countries represented. (Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Florida & Korea)
67,515 pounds or 33.75 tons – The amount of weight lifted across all divisions in Load It Up
74 – The number of miles run in Peddle & Push
400 – The number of Muscle-Ups completed in the Finals
15 – The lowest point total from the winners (Squats Then Shots, Scaled Female & Circle of Jerks, Scaled Male)
9 – The number of podium finishing teams from South Carolina
3 – The number of podium finishing teams from North Carolina
3 – The number of podium finishing teams from Georgia
Podium Finishers | Official Results
- Intensity | Intensity Strength & Conditioning | South Carolina
- Dudes with Day Jobs | Pee Dee CrossFit | South Carolina
- Brochachos | Pale Horse CrossFit | South Carolina
- JACT | CrossFit Electric City / CrossFit Clemson | South Carolina
- The Dream Team | CrossFit Growl | Georgia
- We’re Gonna Beach You | High Point CrossFit | North Carolina
- Circle of Jerks | CrossFit Elect | Georgia
- CrossFit 1889 | CrossFit 1889 | South Carolina
- Xfit Underground | CrossFit Asperitas | South Carolina
- Squats then Shots | CrossFit Harrisburg | North Carolina
- Barbells For Butters | CrossFit Crescent Coast | South Carolina
- WODsmaids | Revelation Five5 Fitness | North Carolina
- Derrick finally went full on CrossFit | CrossFit Clemson | South Carolina
- Hops & Hoes| CrossFit Asperitas | South Carolina
- Buns & Guns | CrossFit Elect | Georgia